The French tradition has been to celebrate the summer solstice by gathering in the streets to listen to amateur and professional performers. In order to offer a similar musical experience, La Maison Française will open its doors to more than 30 local bands, who will create a lively musical patchwork. Throughout the event, wander around the Embassy gardens and enjoy a most eclectic program!
Schedule of the evening:
- 5 to 9 pm: Concerts & Performances
- 5 to 9 pm: Balloon artist
- 5 to 9 pm: Temporary Tatoo Station
- 5 to 8 pm: Children workshop
- 5 to 8 pm: Make-up artist / face painting
- 6 pm: Dance workshop – Salsa
- 6:45 to 9 pm: Dance Afire – walkaround fire breather/dancers
- 7 pm: Dance workshop – Merengue
- 7:15 pm: Dance Afire show
- 9 pm to 12 am: DJ
- 9:30 pm: Raffle drawing - gat a chance to win a round trip ticket to Paris, a Hermès scarf, a Magnum of Champagne, etc...
Cash bars and vendors will provide barbecue, pastries, coffee, beer, wine, and champagne throughout the event. Come and enjoy a terrace-style café by our fountain.
Tickets available on line at http://www.instantseats.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.venue&VenueID=164
Buy your ticket now! only $5!! ($10 at the door)