Wednesday

Gilt.com



Receiving an invitation on my Crackberry to join the Gilt.com a few weeks ago, I forgot to log on and actually sign up. This morning I finally did. I have heard, far and wide, of the amazing deals on Gilt.com, and today witnessed them for myself. Designer duds up to 1/2 off, without having to go to a sample sale and elbow the cigarette-smelling Parisian out of the way while she "mistakenly" jabs her stiletto painfully into your Louboutin. My first impression was a bit of dismay as everything I adored was sold out by the time I logged on- but ah ha, they increase their stickiness factor now that I know I must be the first on the site when a new sale goes live! Smart women-business and fashion savvy, is there a better (or more lethal?) combo?





Below is a bit about the group. It is a members only by invitation, so if you would like one, do let me know!

"Launched in November 2007, Gilt Groupe brings the invitation-only sample
sale to all of America, through our website. Gilt Groupe’s sales, which are
exclusively online, provide members access to coveted fashion and luxury
lifestyle brands at sample sale prices. Every sale is designer-specific, and
held over a one day period.

Gilt Groupe’s team of buyers hand selects both
established and up-and-coming designers relevant to members, from American
designers like Zac Posen to Italian designers like Alessandro Dell’Acqua.

As a preview, Gilt Groupe’s production team creates a reel to introduce each
designer brand to members and makes additional background information available through our website so that members have the opportunity to fully experience that particular brand.

Membership is by referral only and there is no fee associated with joining, however only you, the Gilt Groupe member, has access to Gilt Groupe sales."

1 comment:

Carrie said...

could i PLEASE get an invite?
thank you.