Thursday

Re-Cap Spice Girls' Concert


Usually the baby of the group, tonight made me feel ancient.

Scantily clad 13-year olds dressed as their favorite Spice Girl herded into the Verizon center- Adrenaline on high. My fabulous friend Sean got me a ticket for tonight's Spice Girl reunion concert, and how could I resist?! Slightly embarrassed by the fact that I still knew every word by heart, I had never been so thankful to have box seats... away from the screaming teenyboppers whom I was actually surprised knew of the Spice Girls, wasn't that my generation?

Pre-pubescent audience aside, the concert was full of contagious energy. In my opinion, the dancer's were the highlight of the show- their awe-inspiring talent out shined even Scary Spice's rhinestone encrusted leotard! The best wardrobe award goes to Posh with a close runner up being Ginger. Ginger Spice was by far the best soloist, she had the crowd on its feet, singing along during her rendition of "It's Raining Men". Scary Spice gets the worst performance award- her solo performance was way too phallic for the audience. It made me blush and being part of the LNS community that takes a lot.

Now if only I could get, "So tell me what you want what you really really want..." out of my head I'd be in good shape!

No comments: