Wednesday

The Reason I love D.C.


If you love something, let it go and if it comes back it was yours to keep... Right? Well I left D.C. and now I am back. Why? I think I am addicted.


D.C. has such a unique culture- there is always something going on. The city is filled with fascinating people who understand the power of reciprocity, they genuinely see what they can do to help you, knowing that somewhere down the road they will find success 10-fold. Its all about networking and leveraging contacts to benefit everyone.


For instance, I didn't want to go out last night- at all. I met with Victoria to get some advice on starting up a boutqiue PR firm at Hudson. That turned into drinks at the Four Seasons with Roby and Carissa followed by a private dinner in the kitchen at Teatro Goldoni prepared for us by the fabulous Michael. (Absolute most amazing Lobster risotto ever!) From there we went to the Park, did a victory lap or two, headed to DC Coast where I made new friends with a dentist with the greatest name ever- Dr. Doctors and finally went to Ebong's birthday celebration at Tattoo... So much for not going out!


I love D.C. Its just a big town where everybody knows your name... I'm hooked!

No comments: